323 Route 52 (Kennett Pike), Chadds Ford, PA, US
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration and teaming Partner Networking
- 4:00p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Educational Program -- Communications -- Situations, Messaging and tools -- ReadyChesco is Chester County’s official mass notification system for emergency and non-emergency messaging. During this session, Chester County Department of Emergency Services will discuss the capabilities of ReadyChesco, how it can be used in both emergency and routine situations, and how municipalities can leverage ReadyChesco for local use.
- 5:00 p.m. 5:30 p.m. Guest Speakers
- Marian Moskowitz, Chair County Commissioners
- Joe Gerdes, PSATS Director of Government Relations
- to Submit to Psats:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Business Meeting
- Resolutions for Consideration to submit to PSATS LINK
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Networking
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner
- Business Meeting
- Networking with Affiliate Tables
- Marshall Award VIDEO
Virtual Fall Conference
November 11, 2021 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
CCATO Business Meeting -- Meeting only POSTPONED to Dec. 16 2021 Location and timeTBA
Guest Speakers adn time TBS
Working from home “buying online” deliveries in a day - packed parks and trails. The pandemic has altered how people shop, work, travel, and play. Brian O’Leary, the executive director of the county planning commission, will discuss the impacts of these changes on Chester County, along with current county and municipal planning efforts to address these accelerating trends.
Missing the Middle on Housing
Moderator: Carol De Wolf
Changing demographics including an increasing total population, an aging population, and an increase in one and two person households are changing how housing is used. These changing demographics coupled with rising housing costs are also creating an affordably-priced housing crunch across the nation. Chester County, with one of the highest median housing prices in the state, is no exception to these trends. Already employers are struggling to attract talent, and first-time homebuyers are unable to buy homes due to lack of housing affordability. Join Sarah Peck (Progressive New Homes, LLC) and Andrew D.H. Rau (Unruh Turner Burke & Frees), and Libby Horwitz (Chester County Planning Commission) for a discussion including current housing data as well as strategies for municipalities to encourage diverse housing types to accommodate residents throughout their life.
Agricultural Economic Development and Food Security
Moderator: Charles Fleischmann
The session will focus on using agriculture as an engine for economic development in both urban and rural settings. The discussion will center on Chester County’s soon to be released Agriculture Economic Development Plan and its role in supporting innovation and growth in agriculture, food, and beverage verticals.
Social Media for Municipalities
Moderator: Amanda Sundquist
Love it or hate it social media is here to stay and is often a primary source of information and communication for your employees, supervisors, and residents. Do you have the policies and procedures in place to protect your township and to make sure you follow the First Amendment and recent court decisions? Join Isaac Thomas (Assured Partners) and Michael Crotty (Siana Law) for a discussion on the policies your township needs to have in place to address social media use by employees and record retention of social media. They will also discuss the First Amendment limitations of your township’s ability to regulate the public’s comment and interactions with township social media platforms and the new boundaries between personal and public social media for elected officials.
NOTE: The session will be on the ZOOM Platform and both CCATO and ZOOM request you assure you are on a current version. Should you have the Desktop or Phone app installed click the Picture ICON (top right) and then Check for Updates in the drop-down list.
Business Meeting Agenda: